M.O.M. – One Year and Counting!
This September, the Museum of Motherhood (M.O.M.) celebrates one year with a robust schedule of new events and hours!
- Sept 8th – Birth Activist Suzanne Arms with Intimate Conversation & Tea (Pre-registration requested)
- Sept 15th – Carl Shurz Park with Stories of UES Mothers exhibit
- Sept 20th – Special Film Screening: Freedom For Birth
- Pop-Up Exhibit: Mother The Job
- Power Kid Play – weekly on Tuesday mornings
- Yoga at M.O.M.
- Special needs playgroup – Every Wednesday at 4 p.m.
- Moey’s Music Party Lessons – Thursday mornings (sign up via e-mail)
- Mommybites groups & La Leche meetings
- Our grad school interns begin Sept. 10th – (email us if you’d like to be a Spring intern)
- Meet the Expert series continues – daily
- Book your birthday party or special event in our space on Saturdays!
Visit M.O.M.: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., (Book your private event with us on Saturday!) and Sunday (Family Day!) 11-5 [$15/adult, $5/child and kids under 5 are free]. Special performances may start earlier or end later; performance ticket prices may vary.
Do YOU have a PRODUCT, SERVICE or PERFORMANCE to share? Please contact us: MOMmuseum@gmail.com
Call for Papers: Spring Conference 2013: A New Motherhood? Evolving Policies, Practices and Families.
M.O.M. is up on Wikipedia – this summer in our ongoing efforts to highlight women in the momosphere, multiple names were suggested to MSU students for submissions and entries on Wikipedia. M.O.M. is up and we ask you to take a moment to log on and rate our entry, and if you’ve created events or exhibits at M.O.M. or have something to add, please create a Wiki account and add to our entry. Thank you!